I Can't Turn Back Time - Literally! :)

Hello June 2014! 

Yesterday morning, I thought that maybe it was the right time to replace my wristwatch's battery. I was not able to use my watch for months. I drove and looked around for a Jewelry shop at a mall here in Indiana. One Jewelry shop redirected me to another stall and I found one that can open my watch, replace the battery but for a little costly one. I waited and had my watch back. It has a sentimental value since I bought it in my homecountry during my three-week vacation and it is from my Resident Engineering work in Devens, Massachusetts. It was the only gift for myself for that year-2012.

I am not really an irate customer who needs to be defused rather someone who also value money. However, most of the time, I end up throwing a lot because of getting bad products/items or simply I don't want to cause more embarrassment for the shop in some cases. Most importantly is that it has a sentimental value for me. 

When I got my watch, I first noticed that the numbers are misaligned. I had to give it back to be corrected. In our country, when the battery is replaced, the wristwatch shop repairman will correct the time for you before returning your watch. The really good thing about it is they will do it all while you are watching. The summary about what happened today is: (1) my watch was done on the other side of the door, which means I did not see how everything was done; (2) the time was not corrected to the current date/time, (3) my watch was returned broken, and (4) I got my watch working but the time is way too advance from the current local time. :'( 

I am certain that it was perfectly fine since I was using it everyday in the office before the battery died. When I pull the time adjusting knob or normally called Stem fell off my watch. I could no longer set the correct time. I did not return it to them because I thought they might think the consultation is going to be for a "repair" charge. I tried to find a place that can really repair my wristwatch but I did not locate one. Since the Jewelry store can only replace battery, I believe that it won't make sense telling them about the broken stem. I really do not want to buy a new watch because mine is not that old and I believe that it is 100% functional. I will only need to find a good place for wristwatch repair around Evansville, IN. I can consult the friendly Google soon. 



And I would like to use my wristwatch again. 

Lesson learned: 
Since this saddening incident happened, I think it is not an inconvenience for a Jewelry shop if I will ask them to allow me to see how my watch is dismantled and re-assembled if ever I will need a battery replacement again somewhere. 

June 1, 2014 13:30
I am happy that the Filipino family I met at church will go with me to the Jewelry shop where I had my battery replaced. They know someone at the shop and we're hoping my wristwatch will get repaired. Thank you LORD JESUS for an answered prayer. You are really awesome! And GOD bless this family more.. I am so hopeful I can have my watch repaired free of charge. :) 

For now, I hope I will stay here longer or I pray that another company would require my service.. for a very saddening reason. I am confused, worried, cannot focus thinking about my future situation back in the office in my country. My sister have seen my commute situation when she met a co-worker and LORD, please lead the way. I have all these worries laid upon You and forgive me for I look like I am giving up on this one. I know you taught me how to endure everything, how to feel happy about anything but for some reason, this work situation is not putting a smile in my heart. Please tell me why.. :'(

June 4, 2014
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6) 

June 6, 2014
I decided to bring my concern to two of my USA office co-workers. They gave really kind advice to either find a watch repair shop or contact the manufacturer of this little valued possession. I drove to a watch repair shop along Lloyd Expressway at Evansville, IN. The repairmen is on leave and I was advised of two things: (1) They can ship my watch to its manufacturer which means a cost for shipping/handling and the repair charge; or (2) contact the manufacturer online and see how to get my watch repaired. It seemed that I am not not quite close to being successful in this effort maybe because I did not buy my wristwatch here in America. I will try the second option and I am optimistic they could do something about it and hope it won’t cost me that much. :(

I really like to thank B and D (they are those I usually talk to everyday at work) for being helpful in any way they can to me. Everything non-work related concern they advise, whatever they say is REALLY appreciated and I fully acknowledged it. Again, thank you LORD JESUS for You gave me another group of nice, brilliant people to give guidance to me too. 

June 7, 2014
Reminiscing memories.. and currently in the process of creating more.. 
When I drove to New York from Massachusetts last 2012 Thanksgiving Day!
What a heart should contain..
A writing workshop before my US Site Assignment deployment. This shot was supposed to be a wacky one! :( 
Since I am a frustrated guitar player or I have no way to learn it now, Dart has become my bestfriend but still cannot play it. Bowling might be the other friend.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment