Collide..


Collide by Howie Day

‎"Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find....................."

Interpretation of the song:

(first) The song involves, of course, a guy and girl. At first sight it seems that they have nothing in common. But as the time goes, the guy realises that he actually loves her " I somehow found, you and I collide" (collide, as you and I fit together). And by realising that he actually loves her, he realises that he was wrong about him not loving her ("even the best fall down sometimes, even the star refuse to shine" which means that nobody is perfect, everybody makes mistake).

Now, what is interesting is that after, he says "YOU FINALLY find, you and I collide", now the girl realises that she loves him. A new love relation can start..

(second) The boy and the girl are on the same path and slowly meeting. "Out of the back you fall in time" i'm not quite sure what 'out of the back' is but i would guess
that the overall stanza means that she opens up to him ei. admits her weaknesses to him and they figure out how similar they actually are "I somehow find, you and I collide" despite the polar opposite impressions they initially give off.

"Don't stop here 
I've lost my place
I'm close behind" 

This is a bridge, after getting to know one another he is saying "Don't stop here" keep shining your light, just because you have opened up to me doesn't mean that you can't continue on as you did before. "I've lost my place" He's obviously gained a little more confidence and has to re-evaluate where he stands. "I'm close behind" He realizes that he is a lot more similar to her than he thought.

"Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme 
Out of the doubt that fills your mind 
You finally find, you and I collide" 

I think she has doubt, like the boy did previously in the song, he was fine admiring her from afar and gets scared with the idea of a relationship and responsibility. Similarily she has been so used to shining her light for anyone watching and doesn't often take time to portray her weaknesses, when she finally does, it's a new experience for her and naturally uncomfortable.. but that doesn't mean it can't grow into something beautiful, she just has her doubts.

What do you think?
hm.. psssstt!! :D 아라서요??

나는 스페인 시험에 합격
.. bcuz of YOU!! 
고마워요! 
고마워요! 
고마워요! 
사랑해요!!~ 
"Mahal Kita 덕"

아자아자 화이팅!

): 미안해요.. 미안해요.. 미안해요 :(

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ!.. more to go~ :) <3 zzz ..weee~
it's okay.. it's certainly fine~
do you think so?
remember the five simple rules to be happy: free your heart from hatred.. free your mind from worries.. live simply.. give more.. expect less..

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13

P.S.
..i wanna fire up stars to fall from the sky and flap wings to whisper a sound towards YOU from heaven.. hm, God help me do that now please..
..let's be happy~ let's feel better everyday! ^^; i'm close behind.. oki??
..happy day today and everyday~~
.. let's give our dreams/goals in life to God and rest assured that those will be all very well taken care of :D
..am not blogging/posting like you have to do/believe all that i'm saying, im just speaking out of what im feeling. -sincerely *HEARTSTRINGS
..same sky we look up to, same planet were livin' too. i guess, it's not that far.. "me & you.."



Korea.net in Spanish :)
-.-: I just want to practice, hm.. skills more and learn many things about South Korea.. :)

Our Pride: The Philippine archipelago

No comments:

Post a Comment