Chocolate Oatmeal Porridge


This is one of those breakfast meals that I have grown-up with. This is definitely my all-time favorite. And now that I am already a parent, my kid like it too. Every afternoon at home, I will cook this dish for her and she will behave like a really cute tiny puppy. 

We can also substitute rice over oats. The preparation of this meal is not that difficult and the details is listed below: 

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup hot water2 cups milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup steel cut oats (just bought an original-flavored oatmeal pack from the grocery store)
  • 5 tablespoons honey

Directions:
Dissolve cocoa powder in hot water in a saucepan; add milk and bring to a boil. Add salt and oats; simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until oatmeal has thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in honey.




No comments:

Post a Comment