You Will Never Be Happy..

“Try not to worry about not having anything for others; just think about your loved ones. If you worry about a lot of other people, you will never be happy. Worse, you will always feel tired and unfulfilled. Instead be thankful for the blessings we have. God bless.” 

This is one of those SMS exchanges with one of the co-senior engineers in my office, which hit me so hard. I gave this so much thought that it could be true. Sometimes, or a lot of times we tend to focus on others. We always try to please people, to the extent of sacrificing time for our own family. It is also we sacrificed our own happiness. We are bound to a trap of pulling a rope to play tug-of-war with the reality; that we need to survive so work hard. 

On the other hand, I personally testify it’s a great fulfillment making someone happy. But the sad part of it is I sometimes forget my own happiness. I am so blinded by such eagerness of completing others, entrapped with that uncertainty whether I will be appreciated or not and much I am insensible of the fact that these people might bring me down.

She is one of my mentors, a friend, a Spanish-class classmate, and she’s been helping me a lot in the office from work-related concerns to personal decision-makings. She gives advice that I know I’ll use someday, which whatever happens could be an armor against life’s battle. I am learning a lot from her and maybe because we’re of the same position in the family. Anything available are feasible and it will only depend on how you will wisely make the most of everything. Satisfaction should not be chased for this won’t get fulfilled unless you put a limit, which we call “contentment”.